Join host Stephen “Guzzi Steve” Grasso at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC for the 2016 Overland Expo EAST. Stephen will be there conducting interviews and meeting listeners.
Asheville, North Carolina, USA – Overland Expo East will return to Asheville, N.C., for its third show October 7-9, 2016.
Now at the stunning Biltmore Estate in Asheville, Overland Expo 2016 EAST will feature the same dynamic event experience with a blend of professional trade show and educational opportunities that have made the original Overland Expo WEST so successful for seven years.
This year BFGoodrich tires and Four Wheel Campers, along with Land Rover, RawHyde Adventures, and Eurosport Asheville motorcycles, are the top sponsors, hosting an array of activities ranging from a custom instructional driving course built and staffed by the world-famous Land Rover driver team and an “Adventure Motorcycle Village” with a teaching arena and riding course, and a special Adventure Motorcycle Challenge contest on Sunday. Dometic, Cummins, and Rhino Rack are Title Sponsors. We expect to grow by about 35% this year, piggybacking on 40% growth in the West. By the numbers:
- 140+ exhibitors, authors, videographers and VIP travelers / feature vehicles
- 150 classes, programs, films, demos—over 340 session-hours
- 120 presenters, instructors, and VIPs
- 75 staff &volunteers• 4000+ from around the world during the weekend
- Close to 500 participants Overland Experience package attendees• Attendees from around the world• Highlights:
- Beautiful 2-mile stretch on the Biltmore Estate along the French Broad River, with walking and bicycling trails leading to the main Biltmore activity and food hubs.
- The start of fall colors and cool temperatures.
- Our most dynamic and centrally located Camel Trophy Expedition Skills Area yet, and a specially built BFGoodrich tire test track.
- A long and challenging driving course, and an epic mud recovery area.
Exhibitors include Four Wheel Campers, Land Rover of Asheville, Sportsmobile, BFGoodrich Tires, ARB-USA, Global Xpedition Vehicles, American Expedition Vehicles, Equipt Expedition Outfitters, AT Overland, Southeast Overland, Blue Ridge Overland Gear, Rev’It, as well as BMW, KTM, Triumph, Kawasaki, Honda, and Ural dealers—140+ other makers of equipment, camping gear, vehicles, as well as providers of services and travel resources and authors and filmmakers.
Overland Expo is an annual event, founded in Arizona in 2009 by Roseann Hanson, that brings together overlanding enthusiasts and the rapidly growing industry that serves them. This three-day weekend is designed to educate and inspire people to get out and explore their world—there are hundreds of session-hours of classes, workshops, and roundtable programs for four-wheel-drive and adventure motorcycle enthusiasts; a large trade exposition with exhibitors, vendors, authors, and filmmakers; and evening inspirational programs and music.
What is overlanding?
It’s not “wheeling” or about conquering obstacles with a vehicle or bike; it’s about using four-wheel-drives or adventure motorcycles to explore and camp—whether 100 miles or 10,000 miles from home, on pavement, backroads, or highly technical terrain. Overlanding is attracting adventurous young families, Baby Boomer retirees, and people of wide-ranging demographics.
What is Overland Expo?
Overland Expo is the largest gathering in North America of expedition equipment manufacturers and enthusiasts with the sole purpose of learning and sharing about this growing new activity and market in North America.